Monday, September 25, 2006

Potty Wars


I had to share this little story because I haven't been able to stop thinking about it all day...

Casey and I live in a two story house, so Aiden's room is too far away to hear if anything is wrong in the night and since he tends to have nightmares every now and then, we use a monitor during the night in our bedroom. Most of you are already aware that Aiden loves trains (huge understatement), and very often we hear him in the night making the very realistic "wooo-wooo" sound of the train in his sleep, or saying "the train is coming..." or something else train-related. Well last night I was up in the night feeding Pierce at about 2:30am when I heard Aiden talking in his sleep. I figured he must be talking about trains again, so I turned the volume on the monitor up so that I could have a laugh at his expense. It took me a second to understand what he was saying, but this time he wasn't talking about trains and he sounded VERY distressed. It was obvious he was having a nightmare, and by this time he was screaming. This is what he was saying: "NO Mama-I not. NO! I no like potty. I not go potty Mama!!" He went on a little longer battling his potty-training determined mother in his sleep, before he and his size 6 diaper must have won the fight and he calmed down.

I sat there laughing so hard, and decided maybe I needed to back off the little guy a bit for the next few days. But fear not-I WILL win the potty training battle eventually, Mama always wins!

2 comments:

khunton said...

What a great story! So cute! I can't wait to have these mom experiences! You are just the cutest mom too - thanks SO much for coming to the shower! It really was so great to see you and I think you were such an encouragement to me and KT. Pierce is so precious! You are so blessed! Thanks for the great gifts too! Last night, Stephen was going through Adler's closet to check out his new closes. He picked out both of the outfits you gave us as his top favorites (he especially can't wait to put Adler in that little hat!) I look forward to watching our boys grow! Thanks for all your encouragement, again! I know I will be asking more advice in the near future! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hi Casey and Kim. Great story! Makes us miss you guys and the kids even more! So glad to hear that Pierce is growing so well and Aiden is enjoying the brotherhood. Love, Pete and Kim