Thursday, October 11, 2007

WE HAVE A FOUR YEAR OLD

Aiden turned 4 yesterday. It was the first year that he was aware of what was happening, and it was so much fun to see the excitement in his eyes. He danced all day. Literally-he was almost always doing this little, I guess you'd call it a "jig", from sheer joy. Casey took off work early and we took him to do his favorite things. We played with the trains at Barnes and Noble, we got ice cream, rode the trolley (he got to ring the bell!), went to the library to get some books, and played at the park. It was such a sweet time and all I could think of is what a big boy he has become. He has such a sweet heart. We often worry about how sensitive he is, but his concern for others is so real, and he cares so deeply, that I think we should stop worrying and try to be more like him. I am so thankful that I have a son who still asks me to cuddle and puts his hand on my tummy already to "hold hands" with the new baby. He is a gift. It's hard to believe that 4 years have passed since he came into our lives. We love you Aiden, you are such a big boy!!

We are having a little party with his "big boy" friends this saturday.

I love his little fuzzy head at this age


he still loves his sunglasses!

5 comments:

Christian and Erin said...

Happy Birthday Big Boy!!! We love you guys and are thinking about you

The Wells Family said...

happy birthday!
you are bloggin way too much...i'm waiting to see which post will last for several months.
i was thinking it would be aaaarrghghhhh...but glad it's not!
love you - kt

Pete and Kimberly said...

Happy Birthday Aiden! We love and miss you so much. Give Pierce a high five for us and please rub the baby in your mommy's tummy for us!

Christian and Erin said...

I can't wait to see pictures from the party. I hope you had a wonderful time!

Carrie said...

So bummed we had to miss it. Happy Birthday and we love you!