Monday, May 05, 2008

what's in a name...

We thought we should also explain our sweet girl's name and where it came from.

Grae Cecile McKown

Grae
--is pretty much just a name that we both love. A friend of mine had met someone with a little girl with the same name and ever since I heard it I loved it and it topped my list of names. We decided to spell it a little differently, though. So there's not really any big symbolism, we just love the name. We found out after she was born, though, that Casey has a great grandmother who's last name was Gray, so I guess there's somewhat of a family link.

Cecile--Ever since Casey and I got married we knew that if we ever had a daughter we wanted her middle name to be Cecile. Cecile is a dear friend from Belgium that I met while she was an exchange student when I was in High School. We have remained good friends and she was at our wedding in Italy. If you've met Cecile, you probably don't need an explanation as to why we love her so much. Cecile has many qualities that we want for our daughter. She is intelligent, independent, fun, sensitive, committed, curious about life, spontaneous, honest and quite possibly the funniest person either of us has ever met. I could go on and on. We love you, Cecile, and we can't wait until you get to meet Grae!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful name. Hope we will get to meet the little one before too long.

The Wells Family said...

I LOVE THE NAME...i'm going to call you this week..want to come and meet her soon - are you ready for visitors yet??

P and J Ragain said...

More pictures please.